Fouad Matin, Co-founder & CEO of Indent, joins Corey on Screaming in the Cloud to discuss how to get data security right without creating unnecessary barriers for your development team. Fouad and Corey discuss how getting admin access as a developer can be time consuming and vague, when it should be efficient and come with an easily defined reason for granting access. Fouad also explains why he feels most breaches are due to not getting the basics right, and why he feels storing customer and sensitive data should be done with the same principles as dealing with hazardous waste.
Episode Show Notes & Transcript
Fouad Matin is the co-founder and CEO of Indent, a security company that enables teams to perform mission-critical operations faster and more securely. With Indent, organizations like HackerOne, Modern Treasury, Vercel, and PlanetScale are able to grant secure, time-bound user and admin permissions for cloud apps and infrastructure through Slack.
Prior to Indent, Fouad worked as an engineer at Segment, a customer data platform helping companies secure their pipelines for handling customer data. He co-founded a non-partisan non-profit in 2016 to help people register and get out to vote through easy-to-use, privacy preserving tools. In 2018, while validating Indent’s mission, partnered with Vote.org to build tools for users to find their polling place and preview their ballot using client-side encryption.
- Indent: https://indent.com
- Nobody Should Have Production Access: https://indent.com/blog/production
- Fouad on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fouadmatin
- Indent on Twitter: https://twitter.com/indent
- Unplanned Maintenance: https://unplannedmaintenance.com
- Least Privilege in Practice Blog Post from Indent: https://indent.com/blog/least-privilege
Additional Links Referenced:
- Email: mailto:[email protected]
- Fouad LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/indentinc/
- Indent LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fouadmatin/