Episode Show Notes & Transcript
- If you're near Arlington Virgina, come on by Highline this evening at 7PM and let me buy you a drink.
- Are you confused by AWS's KMS service? Me too. This guide to KMS helped a lot--and you really don't want to be confused by security things.
- BHIM leaks the details of 7.26 million users and scores themselves an S3 Bucket Negligence Award in the process. Stop doing this!
- Securely Using External ID for Accessing AWS Accounts Owned by Others - AWS blesses us with a great rundown of how to think about external IDs for accessing AWS accounts.
- Use AWS Network Firewall to filter outbound HTTPS traffic from applications hosted on Amazon EKS and collect hostnames provided by SNI- Don't let your sensitive environments connect all willy-nilly (or more formally, all William-Nilliam) to anything they want on the internet.
- Last week I mentioned that you might want to enable TouchID to approve sudo requests on macOS. A couple of you pointed out that this setting gets wiped on OS updates, so having a script like this handy to reapply it will likely serve you well.
- Cloudfox is a great collection of scripts stuffed into a framework and called a tool that empowers cloud penetration tests. Much like the industry, it biases heavily for AWS; take a look.